This baby back ribs cooks faster than the other recipes. Whilst the smoked and oven cooked ribs needs a couple of hours to cook, this one only needs 45 to 50 minutes. All you need is a pressure cooker.
- Rack of ribs. For really hungry guests, serve 1 rack per person.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup garlic
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- In a container, combine all the ingredients except for the meat, cornstarch, and water. Mix well and set aside.
- Place the rack of ribs in the pressure cooker. Pour the pre-mixed ingredients over the ribs, ensuring they are coated evenly.
- Secure the lid of the pressure cooker and cook over medium-high heat. Once you hear the whistle sound, start your timer and cook for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, allow the pressure to safely release.
- Separate the meat from the sauce.
- In a large pan, heat some oil and fry the ribs on both sides to achieve a grilled appearance. Set the ribs aside.
- Transfer the sauce to a saucepan and heat it up.
- Make a slurry by mixing cornstarch and water, then add it to the sauce. Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Serve the ribs with the thickened sauce and enjoy!